TVWD, Grabhorn Reservoir
The Keller team partnered with Emery and Sons Construction to complete the Grabhorn 5MG Reservoir, Valve House, and Pipelines. The project includes 8-inch to 24-inch ductile iron pipe, HDPE pipe, seismic resiliency provisions, air release and surge relief provisions, and steep slope installations. Project challenges included: extensive permitting and stormwater requirements, rock removal, 40+ foot excavation depths, schedule constraints, construction adjacent to existing residences, and a sensitive stream/vegetative corridor.
This project took home the Honor Award from the ACEC Oregon Engineering Excellence Awards.
- Reservoir site grading and drainage
- Abandonment of existing vaults, piping, and confined space
- Large diameter water pipeline
- Pipeline construction in roadway
- Structural (valve building), electrical, and instrumentation and controls
- Complex geotechnical investigation and design
- New reservoir
- Innovative design approach