Tamarack Potable and Irrigation Water System
Tamarack Resort is located on the West Mountain side of Lake Cascade near Donnelly, Idaho and varies in elevation from 4,840 to 5,280 feet. The ski hill continues up to an elevation of 7,640 feet. This elevation change required a unique ﬁve-pressure zone water system. The ﬁve-story resort condominium building required water delivery pressure of 90 psi for ﬁre protection.
Master planning, concept development, loan funding arrangement, design, and construction supervision.
- 1.3 MG buried concrete storage reservoir located under the main ski run
- Three submersible well pumping facilities pumping at 300 psi pressure directly to the reservoir
- Gravity feed from reservoir to ﬁve separate pressure zones
- Numerous duplicate PRV stations located so that if an upstream PRV fails, pressure to the next downstream PRV will not exceed 100 psi
- Mountain control building with iron and manganese treatment and hypochlorite generation disinfection facilities
- SCADA control and pressure monitoring systems