BYU-Idaho Storm Detention and Drainage
Keller Associates completed the site, civil and construction engineering for the new Auditorium and Manwaring Center project at BYU-Idaho in Rexburg. The projects included site civil design for the 15,000-seat auditorium and multipurpose building.
- The storm water drainage system for this project consisted of 20 acres
- Storm CAD was used to model the storm water drain system
- Preconstruction analysis and calculations were performed to determine existing and future runoff conditions
- Design incorporated a new 246,000-gallon concrete storm water detention tank. The roof of the detention facility will also serve as the substructure for the new Manwaring Center parking lot.
- The detention facility was designed to regulate ﬂow out of the tank to the City storm water system