We’re looking for can-do people who don’t stand on ceremony, who aren’t thrown off by hard work, and who believe engineering is a team sport. If that’s you, apply now for our Electrical Designer opportunity based in either our Pocatello, Idaho or our Meridian, Idaho offices. We also have remote-friendly options for those who live close to either of these office locations.
As an experienced Electrical Designer, you will team with our engineers to prepare and oversee power distribution drawings, electrical layouts, installation details, P&IDs, wiring diagrams, and cable and conduit schedules for a variety of infrastructure. An ideal candidate has a solid understanding of drafting techniques and familiarity with typical electrical and controls engineering design and terminology. They also possess a willingness to undertake new roles as needed and learn the latest skills and tools.
- Design electrical and controls for municipal and public works projects, as well as private development, working within a defined project scope and budget
- Draft construction drawings with a focus on water, wastewater, and transportation projects. Collaborate with team members throughout the organization to gain information needed
- Perform basic engineering calculations related to equipment sizing and specifications.
- Apply National Electric Code standards to designs
- Prepare documents using AutoCAD conforming to company standards
- Review equipment data sheets for key technical information
- Visit client sites to document existing conditions with a focus on specific project challenges and needs
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office required. Revit or Microstation experience preferred
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to personally manage several projects
- Strong decision-making skills and the ability to collaborate with engineers to solve complex problems
- Understanding of ladder/relay logic required. PLC programming experience a plus
- Standout candidates will have experience with control panel design per UL 508A
- SCADA, networking, and communications design experience is of great interest
- Experience with controls integration is a plus
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree in electrical engineering technology with 7-plus years computer aided drafting experience or bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering with 3-plus years of computer aided drafting experience
- Paid employee health, dental, and vision insurance
- Partially paid health, dental, and vision insurance for dependents
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- Health reimbursement arrangement (HRA)
- 401k match program & access to asset management services
- Year-end bonus
- Costco membership
- Paid time off (PTO) and PTO sell back program
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Human Resources at email@example.com.
Our mission is simple – everything we do improves lives. We take a holistic approach to work. That might sound a little bit abstract, but we mean it in the truest sense: you can’t be happy at work if you aren’t happy at home. That’s why we’ve created a workplace that puts a premium on helping people thrive in their careers and in their personal lives. Because when you retire from here, and we hope you stay with us until you do, we want you to look back and feel proud.
Keller Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
minorities/females/veterans encouraged to apply